Access to affordable health insurance in a competitive marketplace is necessary for a healthy workforce. Key decisions remain for the state in implementing federal health care law that will have a major impact on the competition for and pricing of health insurance. If we are to sustain an employer-based health insurance system, Maryland employers must be able to design and control their health insurance benefits.
Health Care Resources
- Maryland Chamber Health Care Bill Positions
View a list of bill positions and position statements from the Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
From the Blog: Health Care
- Maryland Delays Opening of Small Business Health Exchange
Will Burns, November 12, 2013, 2:23 pm
- Maryland Health Connection Small Business Forums Postponed
Will Burns, October 16, 2013, 1:42 pm
- Maryland Approves Small Business Insurance Premiums
Mathew J. Palmer, September 19, 2013, 3:08 pm
- 2013 Session in Review
Will Burns, April 9, 2013, 8:11 pm
- Health Exchange to be Funded Through Existing Premiums Tax
Will Burns, February 18, 2013, 7:40 pm
Health Care Headlines
- Employers face health reform uncertainties
- Md. lawmakers asked to take final steps to implement Obamacare
- Maryland designates five 'health enterprise zones'
- Companies With 50 Employees in 2013 Will Need to Provide Insurance
Wall Street Journal