Access to affordable health insurance in a competitive marketplace is necessary for a healthy workforce. Key decisions remain for the state in implementing federal health care law that will have a major impact on the competition for and pricing of health insurance. If we are to sustain an employer-based health insurance system, Maryland employers must be able to design and control their health insurance benefits.
Health Care Resources
- Maryland Chamber Health Care Bill Positions
View a list of bill positions and position statements from the Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
From the Blog: Health Care
- 2013 Session in Review
Will Burns, April 9, 2013, 8:11 pm
- Health Exchange to be Funded Through Existing Premiums Tax
Will Burns, February 18, 2013, 7:40 pm
- Feb. 11: Health Care Reform – What Every CEO Needs to Know
Will Burns, January 30, 2013, 3:37 pm
- SBA Launches New Health Care Web Page
Will Burns, January 29, 2013, 2:59 pm
- 2013 General Assembly Session Begins Today
Kathleen T. Snyder CCE, January 9, 2013, 3:29 pm
Health Care Headlines
- Md. lawmakers asked to take final steps to implement Obamacare
- Maryland designates five 'health enterprise zones'
- Companies With 50 Employees in 2013 Will Need to Provide Insurance
Wall Street Journal
- Maryland businesses uncertain how to proceed with health law
Baltimore Business Journal