The Maryland Department of Legislative Services (DLS) posted a report today examining how the federal stimulus package, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), will impact Maryland.
In its initial review, DLS identified more than $3.7 billion in formula funding provided to Maryland governments, including:
- $2.2 billion for fiscal stabilization and Medicaid to relieve stress on state and public school budgets;
- $765 million in infrastructure grants;
- $396 million for education aid;
- $102 million in grants to local governments not appropriated in the State budget;
- $285 million in other grants
View the complete DLS report online here (pdf).
Also, Congressman John Sarbanes discussed the federal stimulus package last week, during the Economic Outlook Conference held by Towson University’s Regional Economic Studies Institute. Video of his talk is below: